Anonymous asked: Do you honestly think that Frankenweenie should have won an oscar instead of Brave?
I don’t really know… I don’t keep up with award shows or anything and I don’t know how they work, I’m pretty indifferent when a movie wins an award. I don’t know if the awards are given on popularity or what?
anyway, I suppose Frankenweenie requires a certain taste that not many people have? I mean, Brave is about a princess, it has a great story, great animation, action packed etc, an all round great movie that a lot of people can enjoy.
whereas Frankenweenie is in black and white, the style is creepy to some people, stop frame animation is considered old fashioned now and some people just don’t get it.
so again, I don’t know if it should have.
lovagifs asked: i love tim burton so much, i did a presentation(idk) about him at school cause he is amazing. why do you like him?
there’s a lot of reasons.
- firstly, his imagination and style.
- the way he sees things fascinates me.
- I love that he’s kind of old fashioned in the way he does some of his movies, like the stop frame animation and how he made Frankenweenie black and white.
- I love that he sticks to what he wants to do, even though he probably knows a movie will maybe be a bit of a flop, it doesn’t seem to matter to him as long as the movie was how he saw it in his head.
- his art style.
- his movies are very comforting to me, especially his older ones. They feel like home… I know that probably sounds stupid but they’re like when you come home from being out all day and you get to just lay on your bed or sit in your favourite chair and feel relaxed and at home, that’s what a Burton movie feels like to me every time I watch one.
- plus he seems to be really kind, nice, wonderfully weird and funny.
gothicbelledesigns asked: What do you think about a Tim Burton film night? We could arrange a date, time slot, number of films, create a unique hashtag for people to discuss them... x
that sounds like fun! I’ve never tried/done anything like that before though…
would my followers be up for this?
griftersareyourfriends asked: What are your feelings on Big Fish? It's one of my favorites, but I've only seen the major Tim Burton films and I'm interested to learn how you feel about it and how it compares to the rest of his work!
I absolutely love Big Fish. It is one of the only movies to ever make me cry… honestly I will bawl like a baby every time I watch it. I think it’s a really beautiful movie with just enough of Tim’s style worked into it to make it recognizable as his. To me, it’s one of his best.
Anonymous asked: i agree as much as i love burton i wasnt a fan of planet of the apes it just didnt seem like a tim burton movie
yeah, it didn’t have the Burton vibe. I’m also just not a fan of any Planet of the Apes movies anyway, the story doesn’t appeal to me.
Anonymous asked: No love for Ed Wood? That's unfortunate.
I do love Ed Wood, it’s just not in my top 5.